The Derby Days Barrel Race
August 28 – 30, 2020 @ The Southeastern Livestock Pavilion in Ocala, FL
RECEIVE A FREE “FILLY FRIDAY” SHIRT WHEN YOU PURCHASE STALLS BEFORE 4/1
August 28 – 30, 2020
If you would like a refund, please email email@example.com with your request before May 30 (non-refundable after May 30). Refunds will be issued by check directly from Perdue Productions, minus the online processing fee (unfortunately, this is a fee that is not refunded to us). Thank you for your patience and understanding during these strange times.
Mail-In Entry Packet – Postmark Deadline 4/15
Future Fortunes Packet – Please Submit with Mail-In or Bring to Office
Enter Online – Late Fee Applies After 4/26
- Standard 4-D Format that will be paid 100% of added money and 70% of the entry fees.
- The average format will pay out based on all three runs; Fri, Sat & Sun.
- Futurity is for 4 & 5 year olds not raced before November 15, 2019. Must have copy of papers in the office before the start of the Futurity. 80% of entry fees and 100% added money
- Futurity is 2 Go’s, both separate races with a 1 second 2D split.
- Pre entries must be post marked by April 15th and online entries will stay open until April 27th at midnight.
- All payments made with credit card will be charged a 4% fee.
- No refunds for rider and no rider changes & No entry will be accepted without a name in the horse column. It will be a $20.00 office fee to change horses order after draw is posted per change. Vet outs must be done before midnight at April 27th and will be refunded entry fee only.
- No refunds on stalls or hook ups. Cash only day of show.
- Late entries will be issued a late fee one time and Friday night entries will be waived.
- All horses must be stalled. No tie outs will be allowed. If a horse is tied out after 3 hours after the show ends its owner is excepting the $250 fine given by the county or allowing producer to move their horse into a stall and pay the weekend stall fee.
- Saturday and Sunday, Western attire required. Long sleeve, cowboy hat or helmet unless wearing a production shirt and production hat.
- Novice rider class-rider should not have earned over $1000 in lifetime earnings ever in the 1-D or has only been riding for less than a year. Novice 3-D’s First division will start one second off the fastest time.
- $40 fee for returned checks
- Side pots will be paid 80/20
- The $500 added IBRA side pot will run as a standard IBRA side pot on Friday and Saturday. IBRA rules apply. Runners can roll their time or run at the end of the open.
- All prizes will be given after the show on Sunday and MUST BE present to receive them.
- The All in Barrel Race must be entered online. Drag after every 2 riders. Will pay one place at $1500.00
- Derby will follow directly after the Futurity and will be paid in an 80/20 entry fee split with 100% added money. Futurity and Derby will run both Saturday and Sunday. $1,000.00 Added to the Futurity each day and $250 added to the Derby each day
- No refund on All in Barrel Race, however spots can be sold.
- Stalls are good from Friday night to Sunday Evening. Stalls are first come first serve. Stalls needing specific priority must be bought online.
- Stalls bought before April 1 will receive a free Filly Friday shirt. For every name of person who purchases a stall. ie, If Bob Smith buys 8 stalls. Bob Smith receives 1 shirt. If Bob Smith buys four stalls and Rita Smith buys 4 stalls Bob receives a free shirt and Rita receives a free shirt.
- Hook Ups must be paid online and first come first serve.
- Horses must check into the holding pen the drag before. If they are not in the holding pen they will forfeit their run.
- Sweepstakes race will run on Sunday and will only pay to eligible horses. To be eligible, horses must be sired by the registered sire listed by the farm and/or branded by the registered brand that the sweepstakes sponsored farm has registered with the production team. Horses that pre enter in the sweepstakes race will run first in the open 4-D on Sunday.
- All checks will be paid onsite. If you do not pick up your check onsite we will mail you your check within 30 days of the event date. Checks will be mailed priority mail with tracking.
- Perdue Productions reserves the right to create any new rule or modify any existing rule, in order to better the sport or this barrel race. We will run off of NBHA and WPRA rules
- Any errors regarding results or side pots must be reported in person to the office staff before the end of the class in question. No changes will be made once checks have been issued. Check real-time results at https://gobarrelrace.com/realtimeresults
- Please see the Sweepstakes Stallions and Farms listed on the web site to see who is eligible for the sweepstakes race.
- The show schedule will be posted the week before the barrel race on the event Facebook page.