Check out these tips for maximizing your events on goBarrelRace and keep them from getting lost on location searches!
When creating your Facebook event, there are a few things that you should be doing to ensure that it shows up properly on goBarrelRace. The below items will become even more important as the calendar grows, so be sure to keep a check list handy.
- Follow the Facebook recommendation for a short, but clear, event title.
- List all of the event sanctions (BBR, WBRL, WPRA etc) and total added money in the description, preferably at the top, to help us label the event correctly when adding it into our system.
- Add the full address to the arena. This one is the MOST important. Without an arena listed, your event won’t show up if a user searches by location in any manner. That means if a person wants to see shows for Florida only, or 250 miles from their home town, your event won’t show up.
- Keep your event description as current as possible. Posts within the event don’t carry over to the calendar, so if it’s important that a user sees it, add it to the event description (the “Details” section). A good example of an event description that syncs to goBarrelRace well: Tour of Champions: Stop Three.
- If you cancel or change the time of your event, update the event title to reflect this (eg: “CANCELLED” or “TIME CHANGE”) so that users can quickly realize there’s been a change. It’s also better when cancelling an event to NOT delete it from Facebook, so that everyone can easily see it’s been cancelled. Deleting the Facebook event completely removes it, and may leave people thinking it’s still on and they just can’t find the event. Additionally, goBarrelRace does not have the ability to recognize when an event has been deleted from Facebook, and it will remain on the site.
Ready to get your events listed?