NBHA Florida State Championships
June 15 – 19, 2022 @ Osceola Heritage Park, Kissimmee FL
PURCHASE STALLS, SHIRTS & PROGRAMS – CLOSED
MAIL-IN ENTRY PACKET – Postmark Deadline 5/10 NO EXCEPTIONS
ONLINE ENTRIES – CLOSED (Entries Closed 11:59pm 5/10) NO EXCEPTIONS
- Pay Balance Due – Use Only if Directed by Event Staff
- Follow Event Updates on Facebook
- Follow goBarrelRace on Facebook
- $42,000 in Added Money (Estimated) – 12 Saddles – 12 Buckles – 12 Wild Cards
- Exhibitions will be sold CASH AT GATE ONLY – NO PRE-SALES – only horses entered may exhibition.
- Stalls, R/V & Generator Spaces may only be purchased online. Please purchase in one order if you wish to be stalled/parked together.
- ALL entries close 5/10. Absolutely NO late entries accepted.
- Show schedule determined based on number of entries and NOT available until WELL AFTER entries close.
- Draws made available AFTER show schedule. Any questions regarding when draws will be posted will be ignored.
- Open 4D $30,000 Added (Estimated) Two Go-Rounds & Finals, top 30 from each division in both Go’s will advance to the finals. In 2nd Go, we will bump past those riders already qualified.
**CONTESTANT MAY QUALIFY ANY NUMBER OF HORSES PER DIVISION TO THE FINALS!** 2nd Go-Round Format- NOT Reverse Order but reversed within each drag. (Example -5,4,3,2,1).
- YOUTH 4D-$5,000 Added (Estimated) One 4D Go-Round
- SENIOR 4D-$5,000 Added (Estimated) One 4D Go-Round
- YOUTH / ADULT SIDE POTS-$1,000 Added / $500 to Go 1 & Go 2 of Open
- Added money to be divided equally between divisions, open Go-Rounds 30% each and Finals paying 40%. Entry forms are available from any district director and websites. Because the show
has no entry limitations, the starting date and time are subject to change.
- QUALIFICATIONS: MEMBERSHIP MUST BE CURRENT (NO POINTS REQUIRED) AND MEMBER MUST HAVE COMPETED IN 3 SHOWS IN YOUR DECLARED DISTRICT FROM JUNE 2021-JUNE 2022.
- Also available: Pre-purchase t-shirts & programs. Contestants may compete in the 1st & 2nd Go-Rounds of the OPEN barrel race wearing the 2022 State Show short or long sleeve t-shirt. If you wear the 2022 t-shirt you are NOT required to wear a hat. All contestants not wearing the 2022 t-shirt must be in full dress code. Open short Go Finals, Senior and Youth races will require full dress code.
2022 NBHA FLORIDA STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS RULES:
- BE READY! DON’T MISS YOUR RUN! Failure to check-in makes you subject to disqualification!
Be sure you are in the back holding area, at least 15 minutes ahead of time. You must check in with the staging personnel. You must be in the staging pen before the tractor shuts off, to be able to get into the holding pen or you’ll be scratched! We will run races straight through. We have no planned breaks for lunch or dinner.
- CHECK-IN – In front of the North entrance of Exhibition Hall (A/C BARN) Wednesday 8AM until 9pm. After Wednesday you may find your stall and hookup
assignments at the show office.
- MUST HAVE A NEGATIVE 12 MONTH COGGINS. You must check in before you run!
- STALLS – Stall assignments are non-negotiable. DO NOT PUT YOUR HORSE IN SOMEONE ELSE’S STALL OR YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO FINES AND DISQUALIFICATION!
- SHAVINGS – will be available for purchase, on the grounds.
- DO NOT CUT STALL PANELS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES OR YOU WILL BE FINED AND DISQUALIFIED.
- RV HOOKUPS – Will be assigned by number, this information will be in your packet upon arrival. Anyone caught hooking up to power without a reservation will be subject to fines & disqualification.
- PARKING – Please park trucks & trailers consistent with others to stay organized and in designated areas.
2022 NBHA STATE FINALS INFORMATION & RULES
- Contestant shall be responsible for any rule infraction incurred by anyone within their party and subject to fines and disqualification.
- SHOW OFFICE: Located inside main arena, upstairs next to announcer’s booth. Hours 7am – late.
- NBHA STATE T-SHIRTS – Available at show office – must be pre-ordered. Long or short sleeved 2021 state t-shirts can be worn in the 1st & 2nd go of the Open class only. Open finals, Youth & Senior Long gos are full dress code.
- DESIGNATED ASSISTANT PASSES – Available at show office
NO ONE is allowed in the holding pens except the rider or a designated assistant (18 or older) and must have a pre-authorized pass ($5) purchased at the main office. Our staff is trained to assist those who need help getting in or out of the arena. A mounted pony horse will be in the 2nd holding pen to assist you.
- HORSE CHANGES – A “Horse Change book” will be located in show office. Horse changes must be signed in this book before your FIRST run.
- SOUVENIR PROGRAMS – Available at show office, while supplies last.
- RUNNING ORDER POSTED – Inside the main arena on the glass walls
- CONCESSIONS – Concessions in corners of mezzinine
- RESTROOMS/SHOWER AREA – East entrance to arena
- WASH RACKS – Signs will be posted
- GOLF CART PARKING Golf cart parking lot is located near the main entrance of the arena on the South side of the building facing Irlo Bronson (Hwy 92) Signs will be posted as designated area. Names must be posted on the carts, with your district number. ABSOLUTELY NO PARKING AT THE NORTH ENTRANCE! Violators will be subject to disqualification.
- WARNING: Bring all announcements and questions to the show office. Anyone talking to staff in announcer’s booth is subject to disqualification.
- No Refunds (exception Rule 21)
- DRESS CODE: NBHA Dress code enforced! Long sleeves, hat & Boots required. If you wear the 2022 NBHA State Show T-shirt, long or short sleeve, the long sleeve, button down shirt is waived for the long go’s only!
- Any participant who competes out of turn will be disqualified.
- An electronic timer will be used for all rides. Should the timer not function, a rerun will be immediately after the event is complete for the day and after a drag or at show manager’s discretion.
- There will be no reruns given if a horse falls.
- Knocking over a barrel during competition will result in a no time.
- No signs, banners, or posters shall be displayed, and no business shall be conducted, without prior approval of the Show Manager.
- No rider substitutions
- Any Vet-out or Doctor release must be received in writing by Linda Jones, PO Box 577, Bowling Green, FL 33834, not later than 14 days prior to the event beginning. NBHA will retain a processing fee and stall fees if appl. 80% of the entry fees will be returned to entrant.
- Membership must be current (no points required) and member must have competed in 3 shows in their declared district between June 2021 & June 2022 State Show.
- Added money will be split evenly per division
- Prizes will be awarded after all competition is complete for the entire show. If you are not present to accept your award, the NBHA cannot guarantee that you will receive your prizes.
- A horse can only run once per class, exception Section A, Rule 12, of the NBHA Rulebook.
- Any questions or disputes that arise during the show, not covered by the rules, will be settled by the show manager, whose decision will be final. Any complaints regarding a contestant’s eligibility to compete must be received via email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the 1st horse running and include the complainant’s full name and member number. Anonymous complaints will not be accepted.
- Number to the finals – 30 per division, per Go-round. Each contestant will be given the opportunity to ride in two go-rounds. The top 30 horse and rider teams, in each division, in each go-round will advance to the finals. In the 2nd Go-round we will bump past those already qualified!
- The finals will be a clean-slate 4-D barrel race run, from slowest to fastest qualifying time. Your placement going into the finals has no bearing on your final winning position.
- Contestant may qualify any number of horses per division to the finals.
- Finals 1st place tiebreaker to be a run-off
- No portable panels or overnight tie-outs
- ANYONE WITHOUT A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE OPERATING A MOTORIZED VEHICLE ON THE GROUNDS WILL BE SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION.
- NO ALCOHOL, SMOKING, SCOOTERS, SIDE BY SIDES, GOLF CARTS, OR MOTORIZED VEHICLES OF ANY KIND IN BARNS. ANYONE CAUGHT DOING THIS WILL BE SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION.
- FINES: $25 If you circle a barrel more than once during a competitive run
- FINES: $25 for all and each returned check
- FINES: $25 Loss of hat during a competitive run
- FINES: DOUBLE FEES, PLUS DISQUALIFICATION, if you are caught hooked up to power without reservation
- WARNING: UNDER FLORIDA LAW, AN EQUINE ACTIVITY SPONSOR OR PROFESSIONAL SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY TO, OR THE DEATH OF A PARTICIPANT IN EQUINE ACTIVITIES RESULTING FROM THE INHERENT RISK OF EQUINE ACTIVITIES. CODE OF FLORIDA STATUTE 773.01
email@example.com – ABSOLUTELY NO FACEBOOK MESSAGES
STALL & R/V ASSIGNMENT INQUIRIES:
Beckie Lewis – Daytime call/text to (352) 538-4433
VENDOR & PROGRAM AD INQUIRIES:
Holly Smith 863-660-6949 / Email NBHAFL06@gmail.com
Holly Smith 863-660-6949 / Email NBHAFL06@gmail.com